This 75m micro-porous hose is ideal for small to medium gardens or allotments. Waters up to 75m of veg patch or flower beds. Also called soaker hose.
The micro-porous hose is quick and easy to set up. Connects directly to the outlet tube from the controller and can be laid in 25m, 50m or 75m length. Water seeps evenly along the length of the Micro-Porous Hose during watering sessions. Should be laid reasonably flat.
- Durable heavy duty Micro-Porous Hose with Dupont™ Tyvek® internal core and protective jacket.
- Includes 3 x25m Micro-Porous Hose, 6 adaptors, 6 Connectors, 6 lengths connector pipe, 6 O rings, 6 cable ties, 18 stakes.
- The model number shows the maximum number of meters that can be installed eg the C120 can water up to 120 meters.
FAQSHow does a microporous hose pipe work?
As its name suggests, a microporous hose consists of tiny pores along the length of the hose. This allows the water to escape slowly along the length of the hose, and ensures that the water gets absorbed by the roots effectively and goes into fewer places where it would typically just quickly evaporate. Soaker hoses actually make watering plants far more effective and require less maintenance and observation than traditional systems and sprinklers.
How long do you leave the microporous hose pipe on for?
For soft landscaping, 30 minutes is typically enough watering time to allow a microporous hose to work its magic.
How do you install the 75m microporous hose kit?
Please visit this page to see how to install this product.
What will block a porous pipe?
There are two major concerns regarding microporous pipe blockages:
- Hard water - the way to remedy this is to bury the pipe to avoid the sun from drying it out. Alternatively, using a Polar purification magnet can help prevent calcium deposits.
- Dirty water - the remedy to this is to use a setting tank or a water filter
What do I do if I think I’ve blocked my Microporous Pipe?
This is rare, but if you think this has happened, then soak the pipe in a bucket of water with diluted vinegar. This should unclog the pores and remove any built up limescale or other elements.